Bank Holiday Cocktail #2 – Orange and Pomegranate Margarita
Our second bank holiday cocktail, the orange and pomegranate Margarita is perfect for a BBQ or making in batches. Large-format drinks are great for sharing and require minimal effort should you be so inclined to share.
To make this deliciou drink you will need the following:
- Blanco Tequila of your choice: We’ve used Ocho because we think it’s delicious
- An orange liqueur: The classic and most obvious choice would be the vodka-based Cointreau, although we’ve gone for Patron’s Citronge, a great tequila-based alternative.
- Fresh lime juice: Lemon also works, but lime is softer and fits the flavours better.
- Pomegranate Juice: Pomegreat brand would be our choice, although Rubicon or whatever your supermarket has available are more than suitable.
- 1:1 Sugar syrup: Mix equal parts of caster sugar and cold water. Stir until dissolved.
- One Orange cut into thin wheels.
- Cubed ice.
- A jug or a glass, depending on how many serves you would like to make.
The following ingredients make one serve of the margarita, simply multiply all of the ingredients together if you want to make a bigger batch.
For one serve, use these measurements:
- 40ml Tequila
- 10ml Orange Liqueur
- 30ml Pomegranate juice
- 20ml Lime Juice
- 10ml Sugar syrup
Once all of your ingredients have been added, fill the glass with cubed ice and add your orange wheels. Stir for approximately 20 turns until the ice begins to melt. Enjoy with friends, or, if you’re lucky, all to yourself!
We hope you enjoy this cocktail, come back tomorrow for the final instalment in our bank holiday weekend recipes. Let us know how you get on VIA social media where we can be found using @copperpotbar.
Lots of love,
Copperpotbar.Back to Blog Home